PDA

View Full Version : Vmaxx 7550

bankroll
02-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Another issue with the new snowex, Spinner would somtimes stop working and give out a much dreaded beep in cab, I made up a hard wire cabe to bypass controller, I would plug that in and wait 30 seconds for the spinner to start (auger would click on right away) right when spinner would turn I would unplug hard wire and plug back into controller and it would work! But seemed to be getting worse as I went. Now last night even with hard wire spinner would not turn. Im going to put power to spinner to make sure but seems like motor is shot due to pressure washing I bet. Whats a new spinner motor gonna run or can I rebuild? Aftermarket? Any help and advice
Would be great! Thanks Boys!

dieselss
02-15-2012, 06:22 AM
mills supply or ebay.....i have done a few of them...have fun :)
are you sure its the motor and not the trans??

Turf Guy
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
I have had that problem numerous times.... Snow Ex doesn't seal the spinner motor compartment and the salt dust get's in there.... Normally lucky to get once season out of the spinner motor.... Once it fails, I get the motor replaced under warranty and seal the compartment with gasket maker and never have a problem again.... Be sure to seal around the cover and a dab on all plastic plugs or bolts that hold the cover on... Salt dust gets everywhere!!!!tymusic

mike33
03-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Im looking at going to a v box next year and was favoring snow ex 7550. Reading a few posts here is there issues i should re think or look at another brand?

dieselss
03-04-2013, 05:50 AM
well mike,,,thats all up to you. dealer support is always a issuse for me. they could be the best but if no one around my area supports them,,then whats the point
now,,,,most of ther time our salters dont get washed off till days or even weks later so that might be half the problems.

mike33
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
You could do like i do, be the only jackass at the car wash day later at 25 degree's. :D