PDA

View Full Version : Snow Ex controller problems

terrain1
01-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Had a 7550 installed in my truck december 4th unit worked for the first 2 outings then the fun began. It started with an LB error code and after checking the battery and wiring harness I called the dealer who looked it and told me he jiggled the wires on the controller and that it now works fine. So not really satisfied with that answer, I went out on my salt route and it worked for 1 lot at least it was the biggest one I then had to shovel the salt out of the box and push spread the rest:realmad: Called the dealer and he asked if I jiggled the wires, I think my response is what got me in his shop right away. He replaced the controller. Next storm the unit worked. The following storm it worked for the fist 2 lots then nothing only the light on the controller lights up. So I finished with the push spreader again. Another new controller was overnighted from the factory and will be installed today. Is this what I can expect from this unit? I will say I got a good work out pushing spreading.

dieselss
01-19-2012, 07:14 AM
double ck all the connectors in the truck....sounds like there not making good connections,,or one might be bad.might need to spread the pins out with a pick tool..or a wire is rubbing,,and wiggling them is moving it enough to stop making contact for a moment.

terrain1
01-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I will try that and see if it works. I will probably let the dealer put the new controller in and see if that one works though. Should they really be that sensitive after all this stuff should be built to do a rough job.

dieselss
01-19-2012, 08:16 AM
No there not...sounds like you have issue somewhere...we leave our controllers in all year long and never really have an issue in winter...its just been motors and trans's

terrain1
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
could there be a wiring issue somewhere that is cooking the controllers? Or maybe I just had a bit of bad luck with the controllers.

dieselss
01-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Could be wiring,,,,double ck all the wire routing. Make sure nothings touching metal parts,,or pinched. Hard to believe you have that bad luck with 3 controllers

terrain1
01-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I will check the wire routing. so far just 2 controllers the 3rd is on the way. maybe i will have the dealer inspect the wiring first since they only did it a month ago. I will self install from now on its easier to trouble shoot when you know how the work was done.

dieselss
01-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Yep....ck the fire wall area too....common place for wires to rub

terrain1
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
thanks for the input. hopefully it will be resolved soon.

dieselss
01-19-2012, 09:30 AM
No prob...

Sharpcut 1
01-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Is it mounted down low where heater is getting to box??

terrain1
01-19-2012, 12:42 PM
the controller is mounted on the hump below the center console. so yes i would say if the floor heater is on then it would hit it.