PDA

View Full Version : V-Maxx 7550 Clunking in rotation

bankroll
01-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Good Day Lads,

I start hearing a clunking noise on rotation of auger. I peel off motor cover and watch closely. I see auger coupling hub ( between motor and bearing, two orange hubs that fit together with square design made by "LoveJoy". When I fire up the motor I see the two hubs spin (One has set screw in top) there is a little play where the hubs connect giving it a clunk on rotation. Almost seems like its forcing load on motor. Do I tighten set screw on hub? Any advice would be great :)

dieselss
01-07-2012, 05:14 PM
hummmmm is the set screw loose???
sounds like you might have 2 problems
1. your love joy is worn out
2 your alignment is off somehow, causeing the coupling to wear prematurely.
double ck your alignment see if something got bent, twisted, rusted out etc...
i dont know if you have a bearing place out by you, but you can get those couplers aftermarket.

bankroll
01-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Geez! The thing has like 3 hrs on it, the shaft turns true with no warp, how do you put this thing in alignment? Center it in the back box and make sure its flat? Its seems like there is play in the couplers and on rotation it clunks. What are those set screws for? Tightening? Loosening?

dieselss
01-07-2012, 09:20 PM
The set screws just keep the couplers attached to the shaft. So your saying the auger is ok? Just thinking its the motor/trans is what is messing up? If the trans is out you need to ck as to what way its out. Up and dwn or side to side. That will tell you how you need to fix. But on a side bar....if its still under warranty take it back

dieselss
01-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Maybe a pic or two if possible. The more I think about it, its got to be on the motor/trans mount. The auger has a bearing mount right there.

bankroll
01-07-2012, 09:44 PM
So how do you suggest I check the transmission? Just a visual while it turns? So u think the reason why the love joy is clunking is because the transmission is out of wack?

dieselss
01-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I think its the mount. Not the trans itself. Just look at the coupling. If one looks off,,,there's your problem

bankroll
01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
So any good bearing shop should be able replace couplings? Whats the process on the swap? Pull set screws?

dieselss
01-08-2012, 10:52 AM
yes,,you have to unbolt the motor/trans from the mounting then it should just pull right off

deicepro
01-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Take it back to the dealer, but...it will probably take forever to get any warranty work done....and you might have to pay upfront...

bankroll
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok thank you lads, I will tear it down tomorrow and try to find the evil, I love my snoex stuff but seems like im always wrenching! When there on there great! when I hear that dreaded controller beep it puts a shiver up my back.