PDA

View Full Version : VMaxx 7550 Controller Lights up/No display

bankroll
12-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Good Morning fellas,
Salting last night all is well, Go to switch on Controller, The red outline comes on but no numbers for auger/spinner speed plus no vibrator , Fooled around a bit got it working until I powered off again, Plugs look great with no melting/ dirty debris. Put power to motor works fine, I have bad luck with controllers!! Whats my best move? Aftermarket? Any and all help is appreciated:)

dieselss
12-31-2011, 09:19 AM
do you remember what you did to get the controller to work yesterday night???
i have seen a few times that the 4 connectors at the back of the controller dont make good contact. had to bend the pins inside.

bankroll
12-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Any way it could be a switch? You know that clicking sound you get when you turn on your contoller? Now I dont hear that because I just have the red outline with no display?

dieselss
12-31-2011, 09:42 AM
it could, or the internal relay.

bankroll
12-31-2011, 10:34 AM
I pryed the 4 prongs on the wire side, plugged it in and it worked! then put my tools away tried it again and back to no display, Can you explain your method, do you also bend the plate underneath the flat pin? Do you recommend prying on controller side or plug in side?

dieselss
12-31-2011, 10:48 AM
If I remember, there's a flat plate that I bend down on both wiring and controller.

bankroll
12-31-2011, 11:52 AM
I would think by prying down would loosen connection, when I pryed up on wire side it worked until I shut it back off, this problem is giving me a head ache!

dieselss
12-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Did you take out the connectors and just pry the pins??? Thats what i was talking about

bankroll
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
I did take them out, so you suggest flatting them out a bit and leaving the front of the pin to curl around base plate?

dieselss
12-31-2011, 02:41 PM
not sure?? i just remember the ones i did had an angular piece that i bent out more. the angle piece wasnt making good contact from unplugging it. so i just figured out which way i needed to bend it

Sharpcut 1
01-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Bad power switch. If you're getting the red lights to come on, then power is coming into the unit from 4 wire set-up. It then goes through the board to the switch. Take apart box, you will see the switch has 3 or 5 wires going to it. (probably 5 on a 7500) The switch is replaceable. If you have a testlight, see if you have power in/out of the switch. Switch wires will plug into circuit board, and that is what will power up your spinner/auger digits. Good luck