PDA

View Full Version : Snow Ex 1075 problems

SStephanuik
12-13-2011, 11:15 PM
I just bought a 1075 that I got a "deal" on. Motor spins, transmission spins good now that I put fresh grease inside it. I tried testing it today before I final wired it. Wired controller off battery and to spinner right off the battery. Got the Lb error code. Ok no problem battery low or loose connection. Wired everything up permanently and now I get absolutely nothing. No light, no code and of course no spinner spinning. I hooked it up with the switched 12v to back of controller and have power to the back of the controller. Anyone else get this?
I did make some jumper wires in the controller plug and the motor spun for about 10 seconds kind of weakly then stopped and would not spin again no matter what.
Got frustrated and had to quit to save me from going off the deep end.
On a positive note the ex80 plow and new 4 corner strobes are both working fantastically and the excursion just had all the fluids changed. Just need a salter and SNOW!!

dieselss
12-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Did you just "hot wire" the motor at the back of the truck to make sure it electrically works??? check for your pwr and gnd coming in to the controller. if you get nothing on the controller, either your pwr or gnd is not hooked up right underhood, controller connectors on back need repaired, controller internally shorted/open where abouts in the nwi area? might be able to give you some help

SStephanuik
12-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I definitely have good power coming to the controller and I made some jumper wires and have good power going to the rear of the truck and the motor and transmission spin fine. I had the controller working when I first got it but maybe it was just time for it to go out. I opened the controller up today and checked for power coming off the switch and it has power in and out. Nothing lights up on it though but it doesn't look burned inside. I don't know. All my connections are good and solid so i'm not sure what the deal is. Most likely just gonna buy a karrier controller tomorrow and go from there.
I live in Hebron, IN but work in Lansing, IL so I travel all over.

dieselss
12-15-2011, 05:41 PM
ok,,so you hot wired the spreader and it works....you said pwr but did you ck gnd as well?
i'm in highland so if you would like some help lemmie know. if you dont need the speed control you could just switch it, cheeper lol

SStephanuik
12-15-2011, 11:38 PM
I tested everything with a multimeter. If I had a bad ground it wouldn't have shown anything on the read out but I am getting 12.4 volts to everything with truck off and 14.3 with truck running. I gave up on that earlier and repainted the new spreader mount with duplicolor truck bed armor. Should last a little longer now even if it doesn't run.

broncscott
12-16-2011, 05:22 AM
I have had to replace the on off with on a few of my Scow Ex controls

dieselss
12-16-2011, 07:10 AM
use a test light instead.