PDA

View Full Version : SP 575 in cab cable extension-is it possible?

Chandlerarms
12-13-2011, 12:06 AM
The cable inside the cab is about two feet short of here I want to mount my controller. Can I purchase or make an extension?

snowcrazy
12-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Yep, you can do it. I just did it yesterday actually. I took the the wires out of the blue plastic wrap. Make sure you cut each wire in different spots because your gonna have to use the splice connectors and if you put them all together you wont be able to get them back in the wrap. I like my control box to be tucked in between my seat and console so it is right at my fingertips. No reaching under the steering wheel or to the dash.

Do yourself a favor and just do ONE wire at a time to not get yourself confused. Hope this helps:salute:

SnowGuy73
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't know why snow ex doesn't make the cables longer. We have had the same problem in the past with our 575's and 1075's.

Chandlerarms
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Though its hard to explain (had some help), I ended up repositioning the "T" on the cable and was able to get an additional 16 inches or so. Just enough to give me the length to put it in the center consol of my 2001 Silverado. Here is a pic.

SnowGuy73
01-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Though its hard to explain (had some help), I ended up repositioning the "T" on the cable and was able to get an additional 16 inches or so. Just enough to give me the length to put it in the center consol of my 2001 Silverado. Here is a pic.

Cool, I have to give that a try.