PDA

View Full Version : SR-210 removing auger to replace spinner

G.L. In Ont
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Hello,

Has anyone had to replace the spinner on an SR-210?

I need to but can't seem to remove the auger from the shaft so that I can get to the spinner.

The parts diagram in the manual doesn't describe the pin or screw that holds the auger in, it just lumps it in with the auger as #20 Material Auger, part D6075.

I thought it was a hex head at first but it seems to be round. It's dirty and rusty so hard to tell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, GL

G.L. In Ont
12-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Not even the SnowEx guys are gonna weigh in on this one?

Sheesh!

Come on guys, I thought you monitored this forum.

Thanks, GL

mrwolf
12-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I am rehabing my 1075 and had to grind the auger off (very carefully) so I have to replace that as well. Probably a good thing because it was rusted worse than it looked.

I just went up and down the auger with a grinder until I could tell I was just through and then use a vise grips to seperate it from the shaft.It was a hex head screw but was so rusted it stripped right out. I tried drilling it out but the auger was so corroded to she shaft it was really no use.

Z

G.L. In Ont
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey mrwolf, thanks for the tip .. I think I can salvage the auger as it's not too bad ... the hex nut (set screw) is definitely very corroded and rusty. I have now cut a groove in the top of the set screw and am going to try to back it out with a small 1/2" chisel as though it were a flathead screw.

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks, GL

:mechanic:

kitzy
12-12-2011, 03:01 AM
I just bought a 210 and given the corrosion issue would it be ok to spray some Fluid Film down in there to delay the onset of corrosion? I realize over time it will likely get rusty but since there are so many uses for FF was wondering if that would screw up the flow or operation? thx

SStephanuik
12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
I had a similar problem on my 1075. What I did was carefully build out a "glob" of weld off the set screw on the auger. Once out far enough I welded a nut to that and while it was still red hot from the weld I cooled where the set screw and auger meet with PB blaster. This seems to pull the blaster into the threads and the now cooled welded on nut is able to back out the set screw with ease. If you have access to a welder this is the easiest way to do it and not destroy the auger.

G.L. In Ont
12-14-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks SStephaniuk, I have seen that technique used before with success. I think my only problem is that the set screw is between the flights of the auger and so I don't know if a decent sized nut will fit in there. May give it a try though as I'm getting desperate! :dizzy:

Have a great season!!