PDA

View Full Version : Spinner shaft bent, Anyone sell repair parts??

Joe41
12-04-2011, 10:08 AM
I've got a Vee Pro 8000. The spinner shaft is bent, I took the transmission apart, and got the shaft out. My question is does anyone sell repair parts ie...the spinner shaft, new seal and freeze plug? I'm sure I can have a machine shop turn one, but if I can buy one it would a whole lot easier and faster. I'm not going to pay $300 for a new transmission when the only thing wrong is a bent shaft. :realmad:

Thanks, Joe

dieselss
12-04-2011, 11:51 AM
In my doings with that salter. I have never come up with one. I have never been able to get the shaft outta the trans,,,so props to you. there was never a parts break down for the trans. so i just ordered a new one,,but my parts guy found a hd replacement that is way better then the stock. might just have to machine shop one. or bite the bullet and get one.

Joe41
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Ya, I hope I don't have to buy one. It was pretty easy to get apart. Pull the seal out from around the shaft, pull out the snap ring, remove the plug from the opposite side, and with a punch, tap the shaft through. The shaft has a keyway for the gear.

dieselss
12-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh thats how that comes apart,,,,,,good to know. If you do find parts,,,get better seals. the factory ones are junk, thats what happened to 3 of ours. seals went bad, salt got it, locked up trans. i see your in Il if you do have to buy one,,i can get you in contact with my parts guy for the upgraded trans...but I hate to tell ya, the upgrated one is Way more salty-----haha then the factory one.

Joe41
12-04-2011, 02:11 PM
OK, thanks. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Joe41
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Well, had a machine shop make a new shaft. Got a couple new seals at a local bearing supply place. Back in business for $25. It's a shame they don't sell parts instead of making you spend $300 on a new transmission. This is why we live in a throw away society. :realmad:

dieselss
12-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Thats great to read Joe!!!!!
unfort. had to get another motor and trans. for our 8000. to bad again for no replacement parts