PDA

View Full Version : Mounting pigtail and controller in the cab SP575- where is everyone mounting them?

Chandlerarms
12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Hello. I just routed the cabling From the back to the engine compartment. I am waiting for the plow to be installed before I route the cable into the cab.

It's. 2001 Silverado 1500. Question-

Where is the best place to put the Controller? I hate putting holes on any internal plastic pieces if I can avoid it. But if needed I'll do it. Will Velcro hold it secure? If I mount it, I'd like to mount it on the inside part of the driver area- along the right side of the driver side center counsel? Ideally my truck has a little cubby hole just below the casset player (remember those!) that looks like it's for CD's. Looks like if I could mod it a little it might fit. Plus it has a cover that would hide it when not in use. But it might be too much trouble? If anyone has any "clean" installs I'd like to see pics.

Pig tail- how does everyone mount it in the back? Do you screw it to the button of the bumper, or just use zip ties under the bumper?

Thanks in advance.

baldplowguy
12-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Keep it away from heat vents. Velcro is probably a bad idea. Take it out during the summer for sure.