View Full Version : Mounting pigtail and controller in the cab SP575- where is everyone mounting them?

12-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Hello. I just routed the cabling From the back to the engine compartment. I am waiting for the plow to be installed before I route the cable into the cab.

It's. 2001 Silverado 1500. Question-

Where is the best place to put the Controller? I hate putting holes on any internal plastic pieces if I can avoid it. But if needed I'll do it. Will Velcro hold it secure? If I mount it, I'd like to mount it on the inside part of the driver area- along the right side of the driver side center counsel? Ideally my truck has a little cubby hole just below the casset player (remember those!) that looks like it's for CD's. Looks like if I could mod it a little it might fit. Plus it has a cover that would hide it when not in use. But it might be too much trouble? If anyone has any "clean" installs I'd like to see pics.

Pig tail- how does everyone mount it in the back? Do you screw it to the button of the bumper, or just use zip ties under the bumper?

Thanks in advance.

12-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Keep it away from heat vents. Velcro is probably a bad idea. Take it out during the summer for sure.