PDA

View Full Version : SR-210 Spinner Pin / Re-Programming

G.L. In Ont
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey folks ... hope everyone is geared up for Winter!

I have an SR-210 and need to replace the spinner. I can't seem to get the pin out. I started hammering at it but it appeared as though I was just flattening the end.

Is it a tapered pin that just pressure fits or am I missing something?

Also, what is the best order to do the re-programming and erasing to get the fob to start working again? The sheet that the Snowex rep uploaded in another post describes erasing the learned codes, resetting fob (paper-clip in back) and learning (using switch on spreader). Just wondering what order to do those 3 in to get best results.

Thanks very much, GL

:mechanic:

SnowEx Products
11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
The SR-210 has a detent pin that hold s the spinner to the shaft. The detent is a small ball bearing that, when depressed, allows the pin to slip out. If the pin has been hammered to the point where the ball is unable to access you would need to drive the pin out. The good news is that when you purchase a new spinner, it comes with a new pin.

The Remote FOB should be accessed with a paper clip in the back to reset. The FOB will begin to blink for approx 90 seconds. During this time you should relearn the spreader board.

Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-SALTERS if you have further questions. Thanks!

G.L. In Ont
11-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm still not sure in which order to do the FOB and the re-learning on the unit itself.

Do I hold the switch on the unit in Learn for 15 seconds and THEN insert paper clip in FOB and press 50%, OFF, 100%?

Can you please explain that again?

Thanks very much. Sorry I'm not getting it! =)

SnowEx Products
11-14-2011, 12:40 PM
1. Unplug the spreader and re-plug. Make sure the unit has 12 volts.
2. Insert the paper clip into the key fob to re-instate the transmitter.
3. While the transmitter is blinking, then switch the receiver into learn mode.

I hope that helps you out a little better!