PDA

View Full Version : SnowEx 7500 Auger speed

Troybaseball21
11-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Just purchased a "new to me" 7500. It is in very good condition. Only thing I noticed is the auger seems to spin very slow. The control does control on how fast the auger spins, but just not sure if it is going as fast as it should when it is turned all of the way up. Roughly how fast should the auger spin???

vincent
11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I purchased a brand new 7500 last winter and noticed the same thing. Took it back to the dearler and its working like it should.

Answer this Snowex, why have a control for the auger, if it only goes one speed, whether its at 2 or 99 on the controller?:confused:

Also I realized that you cannot put bagged rock salt in the spreader, just falls right out the auger opening.:eek:

deicepro
11-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Just purchased a "new to me" 7500. It is in very good condition. Only thing I noticed is the auger seems to spin very slow. The control does control on how fast the auger spins, but just not sure if it is going as fast as it should when it is turned all of the way up. Roughly how fast should the auger spin???

It does spin slower than you would think, I would guess when the controller is set to 99 that the auger is probably 30 to 60 rpm

I purchased a brand new 7500 last winter and noticed the same thing. Took it back to the dearler and its working like it should.

Answer this Snowex, why have a control for the auger, if it only goes one speed, whether its at 2 or 99 on the controller?:confused:

Also I realized that you cannot put bagged rock salt in the spreader, just falls right out the auger opening.:eek:

You need to put the bagged salt all the way to the front of the auger, I have had to use bagged salt a few times and that worked for me.
I think snowex builds spreaders and tests them a year later.
IMHO, its a design flaw, the auger should have had another half-twist on the flighting...
I had to use a bath towel stuffed in the chute to keep the salt from falling out of the spreader....Now thats f'ed up
SnowEx= #1 Sales, #2 maybe test "real-world", #3 Dont fix old model, try to design new one...:laughing: