PDA

View Full Version : Snow ex customer support please help

BowTieDmax
10-31-2011, 08:42 AM
V-maxx 9500 problems
Snowex,

I have a v-maxx 9500 that I have had problems with for about 2 years. The same problem! The problem is that the spinner will fault out with a "oh". It happened at the very end of the 09 season but because the season was over the dealer just looked things over and said it should be ok. Well we went into last year with faults right away. I can get about half the spreader out before it starts faulting. This makes it very hard to do my route. I called my dealer and he said he would set up a appointment. I finally got a break in the weather and took it down. He called back and said everything checks out ok? They ran it in the shop with no problems? DUH?? I told them that when i took it there that it would run fine with no load. They said that snowex told them that my controller must be in front of a heater vent. Nope it on the face of the dash. They checked all connections and they look like new. Finally they replaced the plug in the back of the controller because they said it was "loose" not burnt just loose. Well they didnt even replace the plug. They put new ends on the wires in the plugs and charged me 120.00 even though i was under warranty. I called you to complain and you said I need to take it up with them. Ok so I go pick it up and bring ot home knowing they did nothing and sure enough it still faults. Works for about 20 seconds between resets. Of course every-time it trips you have to stop and back up to where it faulted then reset it and go again.
So I call the dealer back and get the same complaint that they hate dealing with warrenty work with snowex and they are trying to get out of there dealer ship. Of course we are getting record breaking snows so I have to keep dealing with it because I need it. Plus they dont know what to do. Snowex tells them it must be a connection? Well mid ways through winter i switched everything to a different truck. Well same problem! called the dealer and told him and he said he doesn't know because everything snowex said to check seemed ok. Well I dealt with it till the end of of the big snows and took it back to the dealer. They finally decided to put a spinner motor in and told me they are done working on it. Well winter was over. I never got to use it again.
Well last week I realized that my warranty was ending last Friday so Tuesday I took it to a local sand yard and paid them to fill it up. Well same problem! No difference at all.
I called the tech dept and was talking to a Jeff. I went though all the basic what we did stuff. I asked at this point about sending me a controller to try? They said they don't think that is it. Jeff said I needed to take it to a dealer. My closest dealer that I deal with is the one Ive been going to. I called him and he said that they will no longer work on it because they are no longer a dealer.
Now bare in mind that that dealer was my closest at a little over a hour away. That means finding someone to follow me and drop it off then same thing to pick it up. Now the next closest is farther and I was told by the main dealer not to take it there because they only work on lawn mowers and weed whackers. So my next closest is the next state over and 1 hr and 15 minutes. I called them and they said that they could look at it in a couple of weeks? No this is last Wed -Thursday. I kept asking if you guys would honor the warranty on this problem after Friday? And he would never give a answer. I called friday for a answer and still he dodged the question.
** Its not my fault that the dealer working on it hated you guys.
** Its not my fault that all the close dealer stopped being dealer for you??
** Ive been really patiant but now what am I supposed to do?
*** I was going to add your pre wet system this year but not sure about that now?
** I just need this thing to work. Ive got allot more accounts this year and average about 300 tons a year. More this year. And the spreader stops every 20sec??
2008 Cat 287C 2-speed MTL blizzard 8611ss
2006 Cat924G Danials 16ft wing with pusher kit

SnowEx Products
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. At this point, your servicing dealer will be able to tell you about warranty eligibility better than we can. I assume they are simply hesitant to give you a definite answer until they look at the unit and know exactly what's going on. What I can tell you is that we will be fair with the warranty claim that is submitted to us. We want your spreader up and running again just as much as you do. Happy customers are much better for business! Feel free to call our customer service department at 1-800-SALTERS if you need help along the way.

JBMiller616
11-16-2011, 12:13 PM
BowTie.....the "OH" fault code is for the Auger Motor, so why that dealer would replace the spinner motor is beyond me. It sounds like a problem with either the Auger Motor or Auger Transmission, so I would start there, or rather SnowEx should start there.

If it were an electrical issue you would get:
E1 - Electrical Short
EO - If the motor(s) aren't getting power
LB - Low voltage or bad connection

It really sucks that your dealer wasn't more helpful because mine has been great, albeit I give them a ton of other business. But they have told me that SnowEx has been a pain to deal with. In addition, I was BSing with the parts guy at Hartford Truck the other day and he was telling me that they were a SnowEx dealer for a short period of time and ended up dropping their line because they were such a pain to deal with, and once they did SnowEx/TrynEx wouldn't sell them parts so they could service their customers.

All that being said, it would be nice to see SnowEx Products step up to the plate to fix your problem. Because this......

Sorry to hear about your troubles. At this point, your servicing dealer will be able to tell you about warranty eligibility better than we can. I assume they are simply hesitant to give you a definite answer until they look at the unit and know exactly what's going on.

Just sounds like they are placing the blame on the dealer, which is kind of ****** in my opinion. Considering the fact that SnowEx/TrynEx....oh...I dunno.....WRITES the warranty, it seems they should probably know what is covered and what isn't better than the dealer.

I think one of the best things they could probably offer to do for you right now is to send you, at THEIR expense a new transmission and motor for the auger so you can test to see if one of them is the issue, and if it is send them back the defective part. Not sure if you've ever worked on your unit, but it really isn't that hard. It's just time consuming because everything is held together with rivets. I replaced the auger motor on my 1875 TG spreader which is basically a scaled down V Box and it was a piece of cake.

Turf Guy
11-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Heck I have a 2011 9500 spreader... Paid in my eyes big bucks for.... Came from the factory with a default (motor wired backwards) which in turn led to other problems... Dealer has been on Snow Ex's Case since this happened.... At the time, there was no problem, we'll deal with it when the seasons done... The dealer has had the spreader since May 2011 and to this day (November 19, 2011) they can't even get a line of communication open.... Jon Truan (Snow Ex's go to guy) won't answer my emails or calls, nor the dealer.... Looks like I now have a very expensive flower pot!!!!!! Hope someone get's a hold of me soon before it goes any further!!!!!!!! Word of advice to anyone out there... Think twice about there products... Never had any warranty issues with my 8500 or walk behinds... But this is really leaving a foul taste in my mouth!!!!! tymusic

Turf Guy
11-19-2011, 02:08 PM
P.S. If I don't hear from Snow Ex Soon, messages will be appearing all over!!!!

Mike S
11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I had the same problem with my 2400 and it ended up being the controler. Also had same experience with the service. Also I knew in my mind that buying a bunch of plastic and mild steel for the same money or in some cases more then a swenson, buyers, or other brands that use stainless was not a good idea....... Hey also dont even waste your money on the liquid setup, A company that im going to keep name less, bought a bunch and between not getting all the parts and them not working corectly, not impressed.

Turf Guy
11-20-2011, 10:20 AM
I had the same problem with my 2400 and it ended up being the controler. Also had same experience with the service. Also I knew in my mind that buying a bunch of plastic and mild steel for the same money or in some cases more then a swenson, buyers, or other brands that use stainless was not a good idea....... Hey also dont even waste your money on the liquid setup, A company that im going to keep name less, bought a bunch and between not getting all the parts and them not working corectly, not impressed.

Good to know, because we were looking at the liquid setup's if these issues with the 9500 got resolved!!!!

BowTieDmax
11-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Well they finally decided to send a controller to a dealer that I found about 90 minutes away. Of course I had to pay for it up front. And if it fixes the problem then they will give my money back.
Well in short it looks like the problem solved! I've been testing it in the building by running salt and sand through it.
Still had a couple faults at first but its been ok the last few loads.
Now the big debate?? I really wanted to get a pre wet system for this. I already have the storage tank and a plan in place.
But,,, I'm not sure about buying any more from them? Very disappointed with there customer service. And it shows by how many dealers I called that wouldn't work on it or quit selling there products because of the ****** dealer support for warranty.
If the pre wet system worked I was going to get one of there complete liquid systems for another truck.
Im very brand loyal just because I quess. I own all GM, all caterpillar, all blizzard (well except for the Danial plow??) . So staying with snow ex was what I was hoping for? Hell even if I bought there extended warranty on anything else I bought wont fix the ****** support of getting it fixed.
Well I'm gonna cool down. I usually don't rant about something like this on line. But they just got my in a debate now about what to purchase that I don't need to be debating about at this time of year.
Hey snow ex . Listen to the forums and your dealers, or it will bite you in the ass someday.

dieseld
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Hope it works out for you. I too have invested a lot of money in SnowEx over the last two years and so far so good. Hopefully it continues.

deicepro
12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
I really wanted to post on this topic, but the more I think about it....I have nothing nice to say. My last (new) snowex spreader (V7500), The auger bearings seized up after a year, turned it into warranty and it took 4months for them to OK!! A pair of $20 bearings!!!

Turf Guy
12-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Hey Diesel D,

Your still in the honeymoon stage - wait till it comes to an end.... The first two years, and the first spreader it was all good.... It all went down hill from there.... Snow Ex won't call or email me back, and won't call there dealer back either - which is kind of scary since they are a large John Deere Dealer with 9 stores selling the product!!!!tymusic