PDA

View Full Version : Snow Ex mini pro 575 wiring

YoungsLawn
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Ran the wiring to the rear of the truck last night and I keep getting a "fn" code and an alarm sound. I can't find this code in the book? Bad connection? Any help would be great.

SnowEx Products
08-30-2011, 03:06 PM
YoungsLawn,

There should be no "fn" code.

OL or OH =jammed or over loaded

EO = motor not getting power or short in harness going to spreader motor.

LB = Low battery…under 10 volts.

Normally the problem is in the harness, the motor plug or motor is not plugged in. Please give our customer service department a call at 1-800-SALTERS to help you figure this one out. And thanks for being a SnowEx customer!

YoungsLawn
08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Here it is.

SnowEx Products
08-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks for sending that photo. It appears you actually have an "EO" code, but the bottom line of the LED display is out, so it just looks like "Fn."

There is something ether unplugged to the motor on the spreader itself, or there is a short in the harness running from the control to the spreader plug.

The E.O. is saying that it does not see the return echo signal being sent from the control back to the motor. This is why the alarm is sounding.

The control is working just like it is programmed to work.

Please trouble shoot the harness…make sure there is 12 volts at the motor plug end.

Also, you can unplug the spreader plug on the motor enclosure +- and apply 12 volts power via a jumper directly to the motor. If the motor run, then the trouble is in the harness.

I hope this helps.