PDA

View Full Version : Error code 10

SharpBlades
03-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I have a snowex 1075 that I bought last fall. It has been working good up until a couple weeks ago... now it throws an error code and doesn't work until I get out of the truck 2 or 3 times and manually move the spinner.

I checked the manual and there is nothing about an error code "10" any ideas?

clark lawn
03-07-2011, 06:15 PM
it is not a "10" it is "OL" or overload. are you leaving salt in it? if the salt settles then you may have to spin it by hand. i try no toleave any in the hopper even if its just between jobs.

SharpBlades
03-07-2011, 07:34 PM
no... It's not an overload. For example if I try to start the spinner on speed 30 it tries to start, then it beeps and flashes 10. Today I was having to turn the spreader on, get out and like fling the spinner to jump start it. Could it be a bearing?

racer47
03-10-2011, 07:05 PM
did you buy it new ... sounds like moter is getting weak ... if your running bulk or wet salt they will give you troble if salt settles in bottom i got 1075 thats 3 winter old.... has had guts ran out of it but still looks new... still has red pin strip on it but it started doing that to me last snow.... i think im just going to replace moter... found 1 on ebay for 195.00 new... i have run 72 skids of rock salt throught itin 3 seasons with no trouble at a::drinkup:

racer47
03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
i took my 1075 apart moter looks like new so i took inspection cover off transmisson grease was real low and nasty i cleaned out grease sprayed degreaser and carb cleaner and blew out with air putt new grease in it putt back togeather it spins free now and feels like my 1 year old 575 i thought moter was going out but turns out trans grease low and dirty and needed replaced theirs nothing in them but pinion gears like rear end in truck it was a little worek but beat new moter or transmission so before buying anyparts take a look