PDA

View Full Version : What to throw from Pivot PRo 1075 besides Salt

brenster
01-25-2011, 07:17 AM
During times of minus- temps when salt is not effective .. what would be a good second or third material to throw from my pivot pro 1075 .. sand? ... cinder? .. can that spreader do it .. I have a place for some bulk storage behind a shopping center that I manage ..and just wondering what to try first ....

JohnnyU
01-25-2011, 10:37 AM
You could try treated bagged salt, Magic, or pre-wetting with Cal/ice ban/magic/etc coming off the spinner. Anything from a bag can be spread, although the smaller material can be a problem without a using the "gate" kit.

brenster
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
thinking about "bulk" material ... sand , cinder, gravel , ... something I can store in big piles out back.

JohnnyU
01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
thinking about "bulk" material ... sand , cinder, gravel , ... something I can store in big piles out back.

I wouldn't try bulk in anything less than a 1575 or 1875, something with the 2-stage auger and spinner. I've never tried it, but have read MANY accounts of bulk packing and plugging up in a single stage tailgate unit.

Lasher66
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a 1075 and tried bulk and didnt work out at all. Spreader constantly jammed due to little pieces of rocks in bulk and would not run smoothly through it like bagged does. If you go to snow ex web site and look at that model, it will tell you what it is capable of.

Jason

brenster
01-26-2011, 10:00 AM
I have a 1075 and tried bulk and didnt work out at all. Spreader constantly jammed due to little pieces of rocks in bulk and would not run smoothly through it like bagged does. If you go to snow ex web site and look at that model, it will tell you what it is capable of.

Jason

I throw bulk salt thru the 1075 now using the vibrator attachment...VBR-80 ... I was just wonderin if you guys throw sand or cinder ...bagged is too cost prohibitive for what im doin here. ..i was wondering ...staight sand? Mix with cinder ? mix with salt ? My ? is more about the material ...maybe more than " will my spreader throw it "...my fault ...

ACA L&L
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I throw bulk salt thru the 1075 now using the vibrator attachment...VBR-80 ... I was just wonderin if you guys throw sand or cinder ...bagged is too cost prohibitive for what im doin here. ..i was wondering ...staight sand? Mix with cinder ? mix with salt ? My ? is more about the material ...maybe more than " will my spreader throw it "...my fault ...

so your able tp spread the bulk salt threw the 1075......with the vibrator, do you have issues with it coming out from lot to lot? with vibrator does it flow nicely? i looked at this spreader pretty hard bfore the air flow, but didnt think it would spread the snow slicer bulk material......good luck, have you tried sand? or a mix of salt sand?