PDA

View Full Version : SnowEx 1875

stonewellmark
01-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone, I've got an 1875 spreader and I just cant seem to get it to spread sal/sand mix. It seems to bind in the chute that drops to the spinner and the opening at the bottom of the spreader. I bought the unit used, it didnt have the inverted V or the baffle, so I got an inverted V and made a baffle from a piece of stainless I had kickin' around, but still not too good. like the auger just spins in the mix. I keep the sand/salt mix inside, but I cant control the moisture when I buy it. Also, the vibe works fine and is bolted tight to the inverted V. Any advice?? :confused:

Thanks Mark

coldcoffee
01-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't run any sand through mine, but I've run some pretty wet salt through it. Mine seldom jams, but if it does, I turn up the auger & that has always flushed it out. Also, I don't fill it until I need it. Maybe try less sand? It kind of sounds like yours is running like a playdough pumper.

stonewellmark
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I just mixed a 50/50 mix. I'll try that and see how it works. Thanks for the info. Coffee

nsmilligan
01-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Try shortening the baffle plate over the auger. For sand only I take the baffle plate right out, but for salt you need the baffle or the salt will run right out.

Bill