PDA

View Full Version : Have a incredible invension for snow ex !!!

newhere
12-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I have this incredible invention for Snow ex that will give them a huge addition to a untapped market directly related to the spreaders. I have 100% confidence it will be huge. YOU WILL WANT IT !!, i have one made all ready but wont even put it on the truck because i dont want people to see it. It makes me mad because i want to use it so darn bad.

How should i start the process's of making it come to life?

Every one i spoke to tells me patents take years to get and cost 10's of thousands, i will spend the cash today but cant wait years to make it happen.

One guy tells me make the product yourself and market it to snow-ex owners another guy tells me just sell the idea to them and you get a percentage of the sales related to your product for x amount of years.

Has any one ever acquired a patent on their own?

JB1
12-31-2010, 09:48 PM
throw a tarp over it and use it.

newhere
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
thought of that but it would be very hard to hide.

dieseld
01-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Friend of mine got one with his uncle for a skid steer attachment camera for tree spades. Serious, serious money. He probably would have been better off just selling it to people like your guy suggested. Good luck with it.

coldcoffee
01-01-2011, 03:36 AM
It all starts w/ having a really good patent attorney.

Fairfax F150
01-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Yes, to do the patent process right with an experienced patent attorney, it will at a minimum $15,000-$20,000.

If the invention is something that can be easily understood based on photographs, you can consider taking a bunch of pictures of the thing you fabricated, do a writeup, and file it yourself as a provisional patent application for a couple of hundred dollars. You will have one year to figure out if you want to file a regular patent application off the provisional application. You can try to sell the idea and use the invention in public, with the provisional application on file, and then take the proceeds from the sale of the invention to pay for a patent attorney.

There are all sorts of complications, such as whether the provisional application will be good enough to support international patent rights, and whether the provisional application will have the necessary disclosure. Therefore, to do it right, you really need to consult a patent attorney from the beginning.

Most individuals never make a profit on their invention, although one in 1,000 or 10,000 might hit it big.

Good luck.

Jim

SnowEx Products
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Congratulations on your invention! We’ve always said the best ideas come from the field. SnowEx started from a small snow removal business, and I’m sure you can find success too.

newhere
01-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Mr.snow-ex let's negotiate, I'm looking for 3 percent of gross sales for the entire life time of the product or improved versions of it. In addition Snow-ex pays for the attorney fees to make sure my idea is safe before we talk. And lastly I need 4 9300 salters as a thank you gift.

Give it some thought.

SnowEx Products
01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Mr.snow-ex let's negotiate

This type of thing is best discussed in person, so please give us a call at 1-800-SALTERS and ask for our research and development department if you'd like to talk this through. I'll let them know that you might call. Otherwise, you can email info@trynexfactory.com. Thanks!