PDA

View Full Version : Proper Strapping/mounting technique SP7550

HKusp
12-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I posted this in a thread about the SP7550 13 days ago and got no answers so I thought maybe it would help if I started my own thread on the subject:

Can someone tell me what the proper strapping procedure is for using the ratchet straps? I have looked in the manual that came with mine (it's actually a Meyer SP 750 which is the same exact unit as the Snowex except it doesn't come with the safety light for the back and is orange instead of yellow. Even the warranty card in the back and some of the pages of the owners manual say Snowex) and it states:

Step 8: Install ratchet straps (see 7550 Mounting System: Strapping Techniques). It is very important for everyone’s safety
this strapping method be used as the standard mounting procedure. (Do not use ratchet straps exclusively.)
I have looked all through the manual and even looked at the on-line version from Snowex and it is exactly the same, but nowhere that I can find do they outline the actual strapping techniques other than one tiny diagram on page 8-23 of the manual. Is that the only information available on the subject?

deicepro
12-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I never liked straps, I have all my larger spreaders bolted down

REAPER
12-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Strap it front to back and back to front. It should also include a bracket you bolt to the bed and the frame of the unit.

HKusp
12-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the replies.

SnowEx Products
12-17-2010, 04:44 PM
We recommend criss-crossing the straps front to back, top to bottom to secure the spreader.

Wayne Volz
12-25-2010, 09:45 PM
We bolt ours in and then strap them from back to front on each side going from top to bottom.