PDA

View Full Version : SR210 plug

Henry0016
11-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I just picked up a sr210. The guy had it on a ford i have a chevy. Is the plug universal or do i have to get one that is for a chevy. Plugged it in to mine nothing happened.Doesnt feel like it fits right.

Riccas
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I just picked one of these up this weekend. Only have a handful of customers that want salt only. I'm hoping i can get a yard ahead of time and spread that rather than buying bagged salt...

The plug should be a 7 pin trailer plug, they are universal. It should be a nice SNUG fit, if its loose its going to lose power on occasion. The reason it did nothing is because from the factory chevy does not have the trailer fuse installed. It should be a 40 or 60 amp depending on your truck. You'll find it taped with your brake controller wiring, probably in your glove compartment. If you can't find it, just go to an autoparts store and get the fuse. Look at the map on the box, its either terminal A or B i can't remember.

Should be all set.

Henry0016
11-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Is it the box under the steering column. Is it a fuse or a relay? Do you no the number or size?

Riccas
11-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Its a fuse under the hook in the main fuse box. It will be written on the diagram.