PDA

View Full Version : SnowEx Undertailgate spreader

ff610
08-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Has anyone seen the new SnowEx under tailgate spreader? I saw it at the SIMA symposium last month, but I can't seem to find out any other information on it, and no dealers I've talked to have information either. Looked pretty nice, and slightly cheaper than the SP2400. SnowEx what do ya know??

Pristine PM ltd
08-01-2010, 07:12 PM
I know someone that has one. He said that to compare it to a hydro system isn't fair, it isn't as good as a hydro, but still works decent. Spread is ok, but not as far as hydro, and salt has to be clump free, it does stop easily.

ff610
08-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I know someone that has one. He said that to compare it to a hydro system isn't fair, it isn't as good as a hydro, but still works decent. Spread is ok, but not as far as hydro, and salt has to be clump free, it does stop easily.

Does he have the electric replacement tailgate SP2400 you talking about? The one I'm asking about is a brand new model, and the snow-ex reps said it wasn't out yet as of last month. It's not even on their website yet. It's actually a under tailgate not a replacement tailgate, but looks very similar in design. That is good to know about the replacement tailgate. I'm looking at buying one of them too, and that's my concern. I have a hydro under tailgate Monroe on my other truck and love it! I just can't see spending the money to add central hydro's just for a salt spreader.

Pristine PM ltd
08-01-2010, 08:16 PM
yep, sorry, replacement. Didn't catch that in your first post.

SnowEx Products
08-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Has anyone seen the new SnowEx under tailgate spreader? I saw it at the SIMA symposium last month, but I can't seem to find out any other information on it, and no dealers I've talked to have information either. Looked pretty nice, and slightly cheaper than the SP2400. SnowEx what do ya know??

Our electric-powered under-tailgate spreader (model SP-2200) will be available by mid- to late-September. Hopefully you can hold out until then!

ff610
08-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Our electric-powered under-tailgate spreader (model SP-2200) will be available by mid- to late-September. Hopefully you can hold out until then!

I like!! Now hurry them up!

ff610
08-06-2010, 12:53 PM

I got one ordered from one of the fine dealers on this site! Thanks for the information.

SnowEx Products
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I got one ordered from one of the fine dealers on this site! Thanks for the information.

You’re welcome! Let us know how it works for you when you put it to action this winter.

elite1msmith
11-18-2010, 06:04 PM
im considering purchasing 1 of these

i have a few requests, is it possible to get a few more close up pictures. dealer here doesnt have one in stock, and its hard to tell how well its constructed by yoru pics..dont get me wrong im not calling yoru product weak, but just making sure its on the same level as a stainless spreader and could take a minor hit

also, i owned one of the first v pro 8000 models, i sold it two years after i bought it, i fet the delivery rate was slow, it would jam up ALL the time, if the slat was wet hardly any would come out. i know there was a second vibrator addition (which mine didnt have) and an updated controller with auto reverse?

can you please explain the difference in the elctrical and "Drive train" that might be both the same and different.

we spent a good deal of money for this truck, and i was thinking of central hydro...but electric is an option, im worried about the tourqe and jams.

also actual owners of the VP 2400 please chime in, im sure that unit is similar to proformance

SnowEx Products
11-19-2010, 11:02 AM
i have a few requests

Here are some other pictures we have of the SP-2200.

Although we’ve had some happy customers with the SP-8000, we realize there were some flow issues with it. Therefore, we replaced this unit with the SP-7550 and improved the flow on all our products since then. And the SP-2200 controller does come with the auto reverse feature.

Compared with the 8000, the 2200 has a heavier duty transmission to handle the weight of material. It also has a larger, more efficient electric motor designed to provide adequate torque.

We do offer the SP-2200-H hydraulic-powered version. Hydraulics will naturally give you more torque than an electric motor, but then you have the added cost of installing a central hydro. You don’t get to use the variable speed controller with auto reverse feature on hydraulic spreaders, either.

We’ve heard many success stories of contractors who have used the electric-powered SP-2400. One of our favorites is from a guy in Canada who depended on his electric-powered SP-2400 to work every day and night, so he wouldn’t lose a high-maintenance account. In fact, he ran up to 30 to 40 tons per night through the 2400 and never had any problems. We hope you can experience the same success with a 2200!

As always, feel free to call our customer service line at 1-800 SALTERS if you’d like to discuss anything else over the phone.

elite1msmith
11-19-2010, 03:03 PM
thank you,

2 comments, - 1 it apears to me that there is a REALLY big desing flaw with your spreader. The plastic on the back side of the lid? one of the greatest benifits about using an undertail gate salter, is that the dump bed can still be used for other mateirals when not salting, simpy close the spreader lid and make the dump tail gate hige from the top. in your set up, i see the metal lid, but am a little worried about the pastic that is aft of the lid? is there no metal on top of it for other materials to slide off of? how about the thickness of the lid, and other metal? can i load my truck with 100 lb granit boulders and dump those over the top of your spreader?

no stainless model? there is alot of metal on that unit. Just wondering, i would think that adding the plastic adds cost. so since there is so much metal, did you guys ever consider having a full metal spreader with no plastic

any idea abut that tourqe? numbers would be nice, just how much more tourque does it have than the orginal 8000 model? anyone know how much a dirrect hydro drive auger would have?

elite1msmith
11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
also if the dump box is higed at the rear most point, and the box is raised to approx 45 degree angle, what is the distance from the ground do the lowest point on the spinner motor?

can the spinner motor be dragged across the ground or bump the ground while driving, and "take the hit"?

elite1msmith
11-19-2010, 03:47 PM

did you get yours?

elite1msmith
11-19-2010, 06:43 PM
also pictures of the hidged clean out adn auger area would be helpful

ff610
11-19-2010, 06:48 PM
did you get yours?

Yeah been reading up on here. Mine should be done for pictures on Monday. Had a shop install it cause been so busy. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. As far as dumping product over it I wouldn't worry about it. It appears to be built very strong and I'm pretty excited to use it. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. 563-529-2562 Ryan

SnowEx Products
11-23-2010, 09:03 AM
2 comments, - 1 it apears to me that there is a REALLY big desing flaw with your spreader. The plastic on the back side of the lid? one of the greatest benifits about using an undertail gate salter, is that the dump bed can still be used for other mateirals when not salting, simpy close the spreader lid and make the dump tail gate hige from the top. in your set up, i see the metal lid, but am a little worried about the pastic that is aft of the lid? is there no metal on top of it for other materials to slide off of? how about the thickness of the lid, and other metal? can i load my truck with 100 lb granit boulders and dump those over the top of your spreader?

no stainless model? there is alot of metal on that unit. Just wondering, i would think that adding the plastic adds cost. so since there is so much metal, did you guys ever consider having a full metal spreader with no plastic

any idea abut that tourqe? numbers would be nice, just how much more tourque does it have than the orginal 8000 model? anyone know how much a dirrect hydro drive auger would have?

The hinged steel plate is made of thick gauge powder-coated steel, and we feel that it will hold up as well as any other unit on the market. Also, the polyethylene is extremely durable, and we’ve tested it with all types of materials. The poly design has performed well for quite a few years, so we continue to use what works.

Next, the electric motor of the 8000 doesn’t compare to the 2200. The 8000 had a worm gear 90-degree transmission. The 2000 has a ½ horsepower motor that goes into an 80:1 high-efficiency helical gear transmission.

It’s hard to say what the lowest point to the ground will be since we don’t know exactly where your dump box is hinged. Of course, the spinner will get close to the ground if your box is at 45 degrees, but we ‘re positive that you’ll find SnowEx spreaders to be as durable as other units on the market.

ff610
11-28-2010, 12:23 PM
OK, finally got my new Snow Ex SP2200 installed. We were going to install it ourselves, but with time constraints and my mechanic on vacation I just took it to my local Snow Ex dealer. Well I'll start from the top. I called and they said it would be 300-400 ballpark to install. Well a week and a half later, I walked out of there paying 900 bucks! Dealer told me that they had a problem with gap between the bed and the spreader. They contacted Snow Ex, and they were told that there is problem with only one dump body that they know of. Of course it was mine. I have a Rugby dump, and I thought Rugby was one of the more common ones out there... So after staring at my truck, and talking with factory reps, they decided they would have to have a special plate made to cover the gap. A 400-500 plate to be exact! Had I known prior to this I could have made it myself for less then 100 bucks but I told them to just get my truck done and didn't even think it would be so much more. Next thing I'm told when the truck is picked up is, the steel rod attaching the bottom of the spinner to help stabilize it needs to disconnected before tilting the dump because it was not engineered to move with the dump like my other under-tailgate spreaders. I can assure you, if I don't just leave it off and swing freely all the time, it will get damaged-guaranteed!

I do want to be clear, none of this is judgment of how the spreader performs, as I'm now keeping my fingers crossed! I just am very disappointed in the outcome. I even did my homework talking to several people that own Snow Ex, several dealers, and even talked to Snow Ex reps including who I believe heads up engineering when they were at the SIMA symposium in Rhode Island. Unfortunately my "Good Deal" has cost me more than I bargained for. In my opinion if they found out the application doesn't necessarily fit on something they should make a kit for it, or in my case reimburse me for the additional costs.

I will post pictures today or tomorrow as the install does look really nice, and I will definitely be updating you all on the performance once I get to use it.

dieseld
11-29-2010, 07:06 AM
That is too bad Ryan. I feel that SnowEx has quite a ways to go in the R&D department. ALthough I just purchased my 2nd VMaxx 8500,(both are new) on a recommendation of a friend who swears by them. I met a rep at my local dealer who has given me a SD-95 sidewalk spreader to try out as a demo. I explained my trials and tribulations in the sidewalk speader area of my business and pointed out all the flaws I see in the $650.00 MSRP SD-95. He seemed to agree with my observations, but at the same time told me how Brickman just ordered hundreds of them so they must work. He did give me the demo unit to try the first storm, and decide if I want to make the (severely expensive) purchase. We will see how it does but I hope that SnowEx is smart enough to be putting this stuff to test through real world contractors like us and not just testing themselves in parking lots at their headquarters. That is how you see if a product will succeed, in my opinion. Best of luck to you, and keep this thread posted please for myself and others.

mr.lawn works
11-30-2010, 06:37 PM
OK, finally got my new Snow Ex SP2200 installed. We were going to install it ourselves, but with time constraints and my mechanic on vacation I just took it to my local Snow Ex dealer. Well I'll start from the top. I called and they said it would be 300-400 ballpark to install. Well a week and a half later, I walked out of there paying 900 bucks! Dealer told me that they had a problem with gap between the bed and the spreader. They contacted Snow Ex, and they were told that there is problem with only one dump body that they know of. Of course it was mine. I have a Rugby dump, and I thought Rugby was one of the more common ones out there... So after staring at my truck, and talking with factory reps, they decided they would have to have a special plate made to cover the gap. A 400-500 plate to be exact! Had I known prior to this I could have made it myself for less then 100 bucks but I told them to just get my truck done and didn't even think it would be so much more. Next thing I'm told when the truck is picked up is, the steel rod attaching the bottom of the spinner to help stabilize it needs to disconnected before tilting the dump because it was not engineered to move with the dump like my other under-tailgate spreaders. I can assure you, if I don't just leave it off and swing freely all the time, it will get damaged-guaranteed!

I do want to be clear, none of this is judgment of how the spreader performs, as I'm now keeping my fingers crossed! I just am very disappointed in the outcome. I even did my homework talking to several people that own Snow Ex, several dealers, and even talked to Snow Ex reps including who I believe heads up engineering when they were at the SIMA symposium in Rhode Island. Unfortunately my "Good Deal" has cost me more than I bargained for. In my opinion if they found out the application doesn't necessarily fit on something they should make a kit for it, or in my case reimburse me for the additional costs.

I will post pictures today or tomorrow as the install does look really nice, and I will definitely be updating you all on the performance once I get to use it.

Ryan I still have the SP2400 if interested Thanx Dan Bickel 563-212-3871

SnowEx Products
12-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I just am very disappointed in the outcome. I even did my homework talking to several people that own Snow Ex, several dealers, and even talked to Snow Ex reps including who I believe heads up engineering when they were at the SIMA symposium in Rhode Island. Unfortunately my "Good Deal" has cost me more than I bargained for. In my opinion if they found out the application doesn't necessarily fit on something they should make a kit for it, or in my case reimburse me for the additional costs.

I’m sorry to hear about the troubles you went through to get your SP-2200 installed. I hope you’re able to get this worked out with the reps you’ve been talking with.

dieseld
12-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Thats all you got for this guy?

ff610
12-01-2010, 11:32 PM
I’m sorry to hear about the troubles you went through to get your SP-2200 installed. I hope you’re able to get this worked out with the reps you’ve been talking with.

What reps? They never talked to me once I ordered a unit. The local dealer contacted them but only to find out what to do...double my install price. I guess I should have listened to my gut. Time will tell.

SnowEx Products
12-02-2010, 02:01 PM
What reps? They never talked to me once I ordered a unit. The local dealer contacted them but only to find out what to do...double my install price. I guess I should have listened to my gut. Time will tell.

I’m sorry...from your last post it sounded as if you were in contact with somebody here from SnowEx. This type of problem might be best worked out over the phone, so if there’s something you’d like to work out with us regarding your install, we’d like to hear from you at 1-800-SALTERS. I'm not trying to pass you onto someone else, but please understand that some issues are best resolved if we can discuss over the phone. Thanks!

mr.lawn works
12-03-2010, 06:05 AM
I’m sorry...from your last post it sounded as if you were in contact with somebody here from SnowEx. This type of problem might be best worked out over the phone, so if there’s something you’d like to work out with us regarding your install, we’d like to hear from you at 1-800-SALTERS. I'm not trying to pass you onto someone else, but please understand that some issues are best resolved if we can discuss over the phone. Thanks!

As for problems some things are best solved over the phone, but I was in the same situation as ryan when I had my SP2400 installed on my truck!!!! THAT RYAN ALSO LOOKED AT.... before ordering the SP2200 and the poor powder coating still has to be repainted.... I THINK IT WOULD BE TO SNOW-EX BEST INTEREST TO JUST POST ON HERE WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO FIX RYANS PROBLEM FOR A START TO I'M SURE MANY!!!!!! I now how i feel about my unit and I think now I may paint it WHEN I get time although I don't feel i should have to because when I bought it it should have been that way. Many people now know how a NEW SNOW-EX comes new after an install. After the fact maybe a rattel can job for a finish. Hope you get this resolved RYAN keep us posted Dan Bickel 563-212-3871

elite1msmith
12-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I'd like to know how that 2200 operates, does it compare to a hydro driven unit?

How much for the 2400 used?

mr.lawn works
12-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I'd like to know how that 2200 operates, does it compare to a hydro driven unit?

3500 O.B.O thanx Dan 563-212-3871

elite1msmith
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Any idea on how well his 2200 did?

ff610
12-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Any idea on how well his 2200 did?

OK, everyone wants to know how the SP2200 did?
Well, first night out kept loosing power because the way the power connector on the rear was mounted it was at an angle and wouldn't stay connected. Had to shim it down after that snowfall and seemed to do the trick. Second time out no troubles at all and worked well as it should. Went out salting today, 2 jobs and probably 1000 lbs later and the drive motor for the auger sounds like it's missing teeth and keeps throwing the OL code. We dumped the rest of the load, cleaned it out and made sure of no obstructions, and it still sounds terrible. We even pulled the cover and made sure it was lubed as it is supposed to be by the dealer that installed it. The drive gear sounds like it has teeth missing and is hard to start even with the unit empty.
As you would expect, so far I'm not very happy but I am optimistic. I will be on the phone with my dealer AND Snow Ex on Monday. I hope this is just a fluke since it's a new unit, and I expect they will take care of all my problems in a quick manner since they are a reputable company and I have a ton of money invested. Plus, its my #1 money maker piece of equipment and its inoperable at the time. I will say, when this unit is running correctly, my expectations have all been met, and my crew said it worked great.
Snow Ex, if your listening and wanna have someone from your company call me it might help expedite the repairs. I still have faith! (565)529-2562 Ryan

ff610
12-11-2010, 08:47 PM

My hydro unit is 12 years old and NEVER had a problem. Cost is the issue here. If it was economical to have all central hydraulic units I would.

elite1msmith
12-13-2010, 10:10 AM
My hydro unit is 12 years old and NEVER had a problem. Cost is the issue here. If it was economical to have all central hydraulic units I would.

cost for me is not really the issue, ill be honest, i like the fact that snow ex has a plug and play pre wet system that will self adjust according to the auger rate, the bigger bonus is that new salt tracker. when your the guy in the truck, its not such a big deal, but when others are out salting, it can be hard to get good accurate estimates on how much is getting put done. that will effect billing, pricing, estimates, and material ordering, plus eliminate alot of papper work

other reasons im considering it, is the easy install as the other option requires me to plumb central hydros. I have broken things like hoses and clutch pump belts, had leaks...none of these were really a big deal, but with the electric the control is about all that really goes bad...heck you can have a guy sit in the cab and touch the wires together if that happens

my main two concerns, JAMS, and how tuff the unit actually is. i can count on 1 had the number of jams with a hydro spreader.... but the few electric snow ex that i have run, would jam if the salt was anything less than B+

i have mixed feelings on plastic. i can cut, bend and weld metal...i cant do that with plastic.

SnowEx Products
12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Snow Ex, if your listening and wanna have someone from your company call me it might help expedite the repairs. I still have faith! (565)529-2562 Ryan

Ryan,
I gave your information to our customer care department, and asked them to give you a call today. Thanks!

ff610
12-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Ryan,
I gave your information to our customer care department, and asked them to give you a call today. Thanks!

I had the issue resolved with my dealer yesterday after talking to your support department. It was a very easy fix and hopefully it's problem free from here on out. I would like to talk to your customer care de3partment though if they call. :)

ff610
12-14-2010, 09:52 AM
OK, everyone wants to know how the SP2200 did?
Well, first night out kept loosing power because the way the power connector on the rear was mounted it was at an angle and wouldn't stay connected. Had to shim it down after that snowfall and seemed to do the trick. Second time out no troubles at all and worked well as it should. Went out salting today, 2 jobs and probably 1000 lbs later and the drive motor for the auger sounds like it's missing teeth and keeps throwing the OL code. We dumped the rest of the load, cleaned it out and made sure of no obstructions, and it still sounds terrible. We even pulled the cover and made sure it was lubed as it is supposed to be by the dealer that installed it. The drive gear sounds like it has teeth missing and is hard to start even with the unit empty.
As you would expect, so far I'm not very happy but I am optimistic. I will be on the phone with my dealer AND Snow Ex on Monday. I hope this is just a fluke since it's a new unit, and I expect they will take care of all my problems in a quick manner since they are a reputable company and I have a ton of money invested. Plus, its my #1 money maker piece of equipment and its inoperable at the time. I will say, when this unit is running correctly, my expectations have all been met, and my crew said it worked great.

All the problem was was the transmission "Love Joint" out of center. Very easy fix and up and running fine again hopefully for good!

SnowEx Products
12-14-2010, 01:07 PM
I had the issue resolved with my dealer yesterday after talking to your support department. It was a very easy fix and hopefully it's problem free from here on out. I would like to talk to your customer care de3partment though if they call. :)

Ryan,
On Monday we tried to call the number you had listed (565-529-2562), but the number didn’t seem to work. I apologize that you didn’t get the call, but I’m glad to see that you found an easy solution to the problem. If you’d still like to talk to us, feel free to call 1-800-SALTERS and ask for Brian.

I hope the rest of your winter is trouble-free!

elite1msmith
12-15-2010, 09:57 AM
All the problem was was the transmission "Love Joint" out of center. Very easy fix and up and running fine again hopefully for good!

Please post your next storm results with this unit if possible, i think i might be pulling the trigger on something that spreads next week.

ff610
12-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Please post your next storm results with this unit if possible, i think i might be pulling the trigger on something that spreads next week.

I will! We'll be using it tonight or tomorrow am.

ff610
12-17-2010, 05:21 AM
I will! We'll be using it tonight or tomorrow am.

Well another chance to use this new spreader. Stop working almost immediately AGAIN! Throwing some sort of code and won't spread. Going to the shop again this am and something WILL be done because this has cost me tons of lost revenue at this point! I can understand a small problem here or there, but I've spread almost 100 tons of salt this season and not more than a ton in this truck.

dieseld
12-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Let's hope SnowEx steps up for you! This site is slower than ever with all the users each day. Great exposure for them whether it stays positive or goes negative. On side note I have been switching from central hydros to SnowEx V8500s and am running treated salt. These spreaders definitely do not like to spread treated salt(it is always wet as it is treated). I am having much better spread results with regular rock salt so i guess I am going to have to switch back to regular rock salt. Good luck to you. I just cannot personally seem to convince myself that electric is the way to go as I do not see the electric having the auger power that central hydros have, but now with a $15 investment so far in these SnowEx products I will continue to work out the "bugs" for my business model.

elite1msmith
12-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Diesld- is the wet salt a problem from bridging, ? Or some thing else. I assume that your v max has a similar auger as the 2200

ff610
12-18-2010, 11:53 AM
After some diagnostic testing found the 12v motor the runs the spinner snapped the shaft the connects to the transmission. Poor design by looking at it. No shear pin or anything, so if if binds it has to break one or the other. Now we'll see how fast they can get me a new motor shipped............. I just wanna stop loosing time and money!

elite1msmith
12-18-2010, 04:46 PM
That's crazy. What kinda of "load" would be on the spinner. Why in the heck would that snap off.... I could see the auger, but the spinner? Please tell me the auger has a larger and heavier motor?

snocrete
12-18-2010, 07:30 PM
That's crazy. What kinda of "load" would be on the spinner. Why in the heck would that snap off.... I could see the auger, but the spinner? Please tell me the auger has a larger and heavier motor?

That is weird....I have experienced the overload code on my spinner(sp2400 model), but the auger seems impossible to stop....I even took both baffels out(should have done that the day I bought it). Maybe if I put wet salt all around it and let it sit out in the cold for days and freeze up it might have a problem, but that would be stupid now wouldnt it.

The overloading of the spinner has been from excessive buildup around it, which is as simple as getting out and knocking it off 1 time and your good the rest of the night....in fact its only happened a few times to me........I have been VERY happy with my 2400! Sorry to hear of all the troubles.

FWIW, I am running mostly treated bulk salt.

ff610
12-19-2010, 08:20 AM
That is weird....I have experienced the overload code on my spinner(sp2400 model), but the auger seems impossible to stop....I even took both baffels out(should have done that the day I bought it). Maybe if I put wet salt all around it and let it sit out in the cold for days and freeze up it might have a problem, but that would be stupid now wouldnt it.

The overloading of the spinner has been from excessive buildup around it, which is as simple as getting out and knocking it off 1 time and your good the rest of the night....in fact its only happened a few times to me........I have been VERY happy with my 2400! Sorry to hear of all the troubles.

FWIW, I am running mostly treated bulk salt.

Yeah that was what I thought. Should be no load on that side of the system to cause a break. Probably bad part from the gate.

Mike S
12-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah that was what I thought. Should be no load on that side of the system to cause a break. Probably bad part from the gate.

Ya this the same stuff I was talking about with you earlier this year about snow ex. I got so mad at my 2400 its loaded with salt dogg parts and has never worked better! Thanks Salt Dogg for affordable, bigger, and better parts! :guns:Snow ex

SnowEx Products
12-20-2010, 11:45 AM
After some diagnostic testing found the 12v motor the runs the spinner snapped the shaft the connects to the transmission. Poor design by looking at it. No shear pin or anything, so if if binds it has to break one or the other. Now we'll see how fast they can get me a new motor shipped............. I just wanna stop loosing time and money!

We’re sorry for the problems you’re experiencing, and we’d really like to talk to you about this so you can get up and running for good. Please either send us a message with your phone number (the one you previously posted doesn’t seem to work), or call 1-800-SALTERS and ask for Brian. Thanks!

ff610
12-21-2010, 05:38 AM
We’re sorry for the problems you’re experiencing, and we’d really like to talk to you about this so you can get up and running for good. Please either send us a message with your phone number (the one you previously posted doesn’t seem to work), or call 1-800-SALTERS and ask for Brian. Thanks!

The number I have posted works fine. I've been getting about 75 calls a day on it lately. No problem Brian, I'll call you today. Thanks. FYI, spreader is back together thanks to my local dealer, trying to use it this am, moist temps and salt is not flowing through baffles so we may need to modify them too. Still have faith........

Ryan
(563)529-2562

elite1msmith
12-27-2010, 09:55 AM
any more info on this?

ff610
12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
any more info on this?

Removed the rear baffle, making a short baffle to cover spinner hole today. Overall worked good over the past few times out.

elite1msmith
12-27-2010, 12:05 PM
so here is the ulimate question , would you buy it again if you had to do it over? and can does this come close to a hydro under tailgate?

im just so hesitant on going with a snow ex again. granted in know i bought the v8000 when it first came out and there were afew updates that helped its preformance, but over all i wasnt very happy with it. and it got sold 2 years later.

I have used hydro under tailgates and i see few issues with them.

ff610
12-27-2010, 06:12 PM
so here is the ulimate question , would you buy it again if you had to do it over? and can does this come close to a hydro under tailgate?

im just so hesitant on going with a snow ex again. granted in know i bought the v8000 when it first came out and there were afew updates that helped its preformance, but over all i wasnt very happy with it. and it got sold 2 years later.

I have used hydro under tailgates and i see few issues with them.

I'm not sure yet to be honest. I'll have to use it a bit with no problems to be comfortable. If money wasn't an option I would for sure have hydraulic though. Fortunately dealer support for the Snow Ex has been good, but the problem is parts are not in stock for the most part. They have robbed parts off in stock items which helped. Time will tell!

elite1msmith
01-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Any usage updates on this?

ff610
01-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Any usage updates on this?

No usage since the last post. We'll be using it again in the next day or so.

elite1msmith
01-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Any updates for this?

ff610
02-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Any updates for this?

Lets just say I wouldn't buy another one. Too many problems and I am too busy to deal with them. I will have it back in for some more warranty work after the season is over and I have some time.......

elite1msmith
02-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Well that's a shame, I was really considering this unti due to that new salt traxx system. I heard good things about the Swenson electric unit. I believe it's the exact same as their hydro drive so At least if you changed your mind you could convert it over

ff610
07-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Just to update everyone, I talked to SnowEx at the SIMA symposium in June about all my problems I had, and they took down my number to call me so I could get some answers with my problems. I've yet to hear from anyone as of yet....

SnowEx Products
07-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Just to update everyone, I talked to SnowEx at the SIMA symposium in June about all my problems I had, and they took down my number to call me so I could get some answers with my problems. I've yet to hear from anyone as of yet....

Do you happen to remember which person you talked with at the show?

ff610
08-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Do you happen to remember which person you talked with at the show?

No, I talked to several people because when I talked to the first guy, he grabbed a couple of other people from Snow Ex. They took down my information and said they would get back with me right away. I'm confident they remember the conversation, but it's really not important anymore. I've still not received any contact and so I'm not going to spend anymore time dealing with it. Its easier to just chalk it up as a lesson learned on my end.

SnowEx Products
08-11-2011, 01:12 PM
No, I talked to several people because when I talked to the first guy, he grabbed a couple of other people from Snow Ex. They took down my information and said they would get back with me right away. I'm confident they remember the conversation, but it's really not important anymore. I've still not received any contact and so I'm not going to spend anymore time dealing with it. Its easier to just chalk it up as a lesson learned on my end.

I'd like to make this better. If you send me a private message with your name and phone number, we'll give you a call.

Mike S
11-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I'd like to make this better. If you send me a private message with your name and phone number, we'll give you a call.

Glad to hear you want to talk to him. I was pretty done with snow ex after I talked to snow ex reps at the power show, Farm sci review, and MGIA in the same year and the guys I talked to took my number and said they where going to have some one contact me............ Never heard from any one, oh well hope all is well and works out.

jturkey69
02-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Not to bring up an old thread, but this deals with snowex sp2400, and snowex in general. We have an old sp2400, and have had some problems, but it is also 5yrs old or more. We wanted another identical unit for another dump truck, and the order was out in, only to have our dealer relay a message from snowex that it would be over a month wait for an sp2400...we ordered in Dec. meanwhile local auto parts stores kept telling us we could get a stainless version of the sp2200 in a week....for 3000$ less! My boss says no...we will wait...sigh....so new sp2400 comes in...finally..a week and a half ago....stil not installed due to having to fabricate something as the salter is wider then the box...I realize that is on the dealer/installer though. This is not the only problems we have had with snowex...we bought two sp325 salters for our atv's....the switches were bad...snowex claimed it was old design switches....two weeks later...new switches...same deal...turn switch on real fast twice to get spinner going. Let's not talk about how the hitch mount bolts were all off either 3/16, to 5/16 of an inch. So we pay 8400$ for three salters...and poor quality, and delayed parts....vs half the price for said three comparable salters from another brand. We will have some for sale soon...