PDA

View Full Version : New De-Icing/Anti-Icing Sprayers from SnowEx

SnowEx Products
04-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Check out SnowEx’s complete line of AccuSpray de-icing/anti-icing sprayers. They’re available with 100-, 200- and 300-gallon capacities (models VSS-1000, VSS-2000 and VSS-3000, respectively). Plus, they’re compatible with a wide range of service vehicles, from utility vehicles and pickup trucks to larger flatbed and dump trucks. They can spray all de-icing and anti-icing liquids currently available on the market.

Designed for versatility, the sprayers include three different ways of delivering brine solution. There are five downward facing nozzles in the boom for driving surface spraying, a nozzle on each end of the boom for lateral, or curb, spraying and a handheld wand for spot spraying. The five surface-spraying nozzles each offer three-position actuation, allowing the operator to choose between single-stream, triple-stream or wide-fan spraying. Additionally, the spray wand includes 100 feet of hose standard on a heavy-duty retractable reel, and offers a spray pattern from hollow cone to straight stream depending on how far the trigger is depressed.

The AccuSpray units are easily operated using a cab-mounted, multi-zone controller. The controller features a simple switch panel to activate three separate totally electric pumps, which power three spray zones (right, left and center). Any combination of these zones can be actuated to deliver brine solution through the desired nozzles, maximizing versatility and ease of use.

With tanks, covers and boom hoods constructed entirely of heavy-duty polyethylene, the sprayers don’t face the common corrosion and maintenance concerns associated with steel-built equipment. Furthermore, each unit includes an integrated baffle that runs through the middle of the tank. This reduces the movement of liquid when the carrying vehicle slows or stops, helping lower the potential for transmission and brake damage, as well as overall wear-and-tear on the vehicle.

Maintenance concerns are further reduced thanks to the sprayers’ fully electric-powered design. Featuring 12-volt direct-drive pumps, there are no engines, pulleys, sprockets, belts or chains to maintain.

Other standard features include all necessary mounting hardware and an integrated work light to improve visibility of the application area (VSS-2000 and VSS-3000 only). All SnowEx AccuSpray sprayers include a two-year parts and labor warranty.

bltp203
07-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Can you advise on what the suggested retail price will be?

SnowEx Products
07-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Can you advise on what the suggested retail price will be?

Thanks for your question! Here are the Suggested List Prices for the AccuSpray line:

VSS-1000 (100 gallon unit): $2,199.99
VSS-2000 (200 gallon unit): $4,499.99
VSS-3000 (300 gallon unit): $4,999.99

But remember that these are only list prices. Please check with your dealer for current deals and specials.

JMS
08-24-2010, 09:29 PM
can you post some info on the other units available, like the ones for the v-box spreaders, I am looking at the pws 175 or pws 225 in particular. I am planning on using a fisher poly caster 2.5yrd spreader, and I am triing to see if I can make the 225 fit with this unit, normaly it would on a flat deck, but I am putting this spreader on my 1 ton dually with the 8' box still on, I know the 175 will fit in the front, but can I fit the two other tanks in the spacing on the side? As well it says it will interface with the snowex controler, will it or could it interface with the controler from the fisher spreader?

Thanks

SnowEx Products
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
can you post some info on the other units available, like the ones for the v-box spreaders, I am looking at the pws 175 or pws 225 in particular. I am planning on using a fisher poly caster 2.5yrd spreader, and I am triing to see if I can make the 225 fit with this unit, normaly it would on a flat deck, but I am putting this spreader on my 1 ton dually with the 8' box still on, I know the 175 will fit in the front, but can I fit the two other tanks in the spacing on the side? As well it says it will interface with the snowex controler, will it or could it interface with the controler from the fisher spreader?

Sorry for the delayed response...

SnowEx PWS sprayers can be used with other manufacturers’ spreaders, but the sprayer controls must be manually operated. The PWS models will only integrate with SnowEx V-Maxx spreaders, which have a special port for plugging in the sprayer controllers. Once plugged in, the PWS will adjust its rate of spray according to the spreader’s feed rate.

Please click the following link to download a specifications sheet from our full line catalog (www.snowexproducts.com/pdfs/snowex/specifications.pdf). This will show dimensions for the various PWS models, so you can see if they will fit your truck.

JMS
09-04-2010, 09:00 PM
on the pws 175 system, how wide does it spray on the direct application?

elite1msmith
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
What is the gpm on the pumps? I have never seen one advertised

SnowEx Products
09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
What is the gpm on the pumps?

The boom pumps are rated at 7 GPM, and the optional spray wand pump is rated at 5 GPM. However, at normal operating pressures of 40 PSI, the boom pumps deliver 5 GPM, and the spray wand pump delivers 3 GPM. The flow can also be adjusted by the operator.

elite1msmith
09-13-2010, 10:15 AM
The boom pumps are rated at 7 GPM, and the optional spray wand pump is rated at 5 GPM. However, at normal operating pressures of 40 PSI, the boom pumps deliver 5 GPM, and the spray wand pump delivers 3 GPM. The flow can also be adjusted by the operator.

just wondering, a few years ago i had posted that to drive 10mph (any slower would not be very productive) with a 10 foot boom pattern, with appling 35 GPA you would need a pump that could actually put out 8-11 gpm. and i had more than one person on here comment that i was crazy, and needed a larger gas driven pump. so, my question is, at a rate of 35 GPA, how fast can i drive with your system to get that kind of coverage. ( i also had guys telling me they had to apply at over 50gpa for good results.) ill be honest i got to busy and never got around to trying much more than 200 gals of liquid

SnowEx Products
09-15-2010, 09:31 AM
just wondering, a few years ago i had posted that to drive 10mph (any slower would not be very productive) with a 10 foot boom pattern, with appling 35 GPA you would need a pump that could actually put out 8-11 gpm. and i had more than one person on here comment that i was crazy, and needed a larger gas driven pump. so, my question is, at a rate of 35 GPA, how fast can i drive with your system to get that kind of coverage. ( i also had guys telling me they had to apply at over 50gpa for good results.) ill be honest i got to busy and never got around to trying much more than 200 gals of liquid

We actually have 2 pumps feeding the boom: 1 to the actual boom nozzles and 1 to the side “boomless” nozzles. At 10 mph you can spray up to 37 gpa. Please click below to download the attached file (VSS info.pdf) for more information.

Dumpster Guy
10-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Does any one have first hand experience with the vss-3000 or 2000 from Snow-ex?
What your feed back?